About Us v
Kosher - A Primer v
Bakery List v
Certification Process v
Contact Us v
The certification process involves a few basic steps which are designed to be
comprehensive and efficient.
- Online Form – Fill out the online form with your basic company information.
- Application - You will receive an application shortly thereafter
asking for detailed information such as a raw ingredient listing
and the production process at the facility. There is a $75
application fee which should accompany the completed form.
Outside Cleveland, a travel and initial
inspection fee may apply.
- Review of Application - Cleveland Kosher will review the application and
the company will be contacted by one of our Rabbinical Coordinators to
arrange an initial inspection visit.
- Initial inspection - this visit helps us determine what steps are necessary in
order to bring the company kosher. A thorough inspection of the total
facility will take place during this visit.
- Staff Review – All information is then reviewed by our Senior Rabbinical
staff. The company will receive an assessment of what is necessary in
order to bring the facility in compliance with kosher code.
- Agreement - A written agreement is drafted outlining the terms of the
- Letter of Certification – Once the company signs the agreement and pays
the applicable fees, a letter of certification is issued by Cleveland Kosher.
This entitles the company to display the Cleveland Kosher symbol on their
products and to advertise the products as kosher
- Plant visits – Regular inspections of the company will be made by one of
our Rabbinic Coordinators to monitor the kosher program at the plant.